Monday 9 August 2021

SWZ Northampton re-opening!

Well, finally it's time to post again because we're hopefully going to be re-opening in a few weeks!  

I have heard from the wonderful folks at the Northampton Friends Meeting House, and they're opening up again from the 1st of September.

I've also asked them if they would be able to accommodate us on either the Tuesday or Thursday evenings instead of the Wednesday evenings, so that this doesn't absolutely stop us from joining in with the online Wednesdays that I believe are going to continue, pandemic or no. I've no idea whether they'll be able to accommodate us with this, but I'll keep you all posted. 

It's been a long, long 18 months, and while the online sittings with the national - and international! - sangha have been a godsend (is that appropriate?!), I can't wait to sit with people in a room again, breathing the same air, having a cup of tea afterwards and just interacting in the usual way! It will feel very odd sitting without Lorna - her absence will be the hardest thing about meeting up again. But I think she'd have been upset if we didn't pick things up again as a group.

So - pencil in Wednesday 1st of September into your diaries for our first zazen of the re-opening. I'll post again here and in the Facebook group if the day or date changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment